Monday, October 12, 2009

Texas means friendship

The word Friendship was adopted as the Texas state motto by the Forty-first Texas Legislature in February 1930. The word was probably chosen because the name Texas or Tejas was the Spanish pronunciation of a Caddo Indian word sometimes translated to mean "friends" or "allies." (From Answers.com)

So yes, I have my third camera now.  Not sure what she took, but I anticipate some photos of the Austin area since she lives there. 

Also, for those of you that are curious about the technical aspects of the project, I’m using Kodak Fun Saver Cameras.  One of the reasons I picked them instead of the Fuji Quick Snap cameras was I couldn’t tell for sure if it was 400 or 800 speed film in the Fuji’s.  When I used to shoot film, I never had much of an issue with the increased grain in ISO 800 compared to 400.  Plus, not knowing where people were going to take pictures either inside or out and the flash is a joke on the disposable, led me to lean towards Kodak since I know it is 800 speed. 

I also felt I got better saturation when I shot on Kodak vs. Fuji.  Granted it has been a long time since I have shot any film, so I can’t be absolutely certain nothing has changed, but I’m still going on reputation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment