Saturday, January 30, 2010

Iowa: “Ambivalent Appreciation”

After getting some feedback that people would prefer I add more commentary on why I picked certain photos, I thought I would start doing so on the easiest submission, Iowa.  L. Petersen  took these photos from Emmetsburg, Iowa on Oct. 16, 2009 from 9-10am.  Ms. Petersen also submitted a description of each photo so I will include them after each photo in italics. 

Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH

Maple – Fall Beauty at Harrison Park

I like the sense of solitude you get from this view of the park.  Also by framing the shot tighter, Ms. Petersen was able to eliminate the overcast sky, which she noted the park would be “better in sunlight but leaves may be soon gone”

Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH

Interest at Crossroads” – Wildlife/Agriculture/Commercial Land For Sale

I like the convergence in this photo of the three different subjects that aren’t obvious. 

Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH     

Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH

No comments:

Post a Comment